Cristo Rey Tampa High School Employment Opportunities
Cristo Rey Tampa High School—a Catholic high school serving urban youth who might not otherwise have access to a quality college-preparatory education—is beginning the hiring process for the 2017-18 school year. Cristo Rey Tampa High School is part of the national Cristo Rey Network. It is a Catholic, Salesian, and college preparatory high school for students of all faiths from families of limited financial means. Cristo Rey Tampa is co-educational and serves students of diverse backgrounds. We help our students grow intellectually, academically, spiritually, socially, and morally. Cristo Rey Tampa is entering its second year. We will be adding a new ninth grade class to join our founding class from 2016-17. The school will add another ninth grade class in 2018-19 and 2019-2020.
We are currently accepting applications to fill positions in our teaching and transportation departments as well as volunteers who wish to serve alongside Cristo Rey Tampa staff and administration. If you are seeking employment or volunteer opportunities, please review our employment profiles and follow the steps at the bottom of this page to submit an application for review.
Cristo Rey Tampa welcomes eligible volunteers to work with our students and staff. Anyone interested in volunteering should follow the steps outlined at the bottom of the page. Please be sure to indicate Volunteer in the Position Desired section of the application.
All volunteers must be screened and fingerprinted through the Diocese of St. Petersburg website. In addition, volunteers must complete the Safe Learning Environment training offered by the diocese. Information about fingerprinting and SLE training can be found on www.dosp.org, the website for the diocese.
Volunteer tutors in Reading, English, and Math are needed.
Application deadline: Open until filled
Work Study Program
We are seeking a skilled, mission-driven individual who is passionate about the Cristo Rey mission, and motivated by the energy of an innovative model of school and corporate partnership to serve as the Associate, Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP).
Cristo Rey Tampa High School is part of the national Cristo Rey Network. Cristo Rey Tampa is a Catholic, Salesian, and college preparatory high school for students of all faiths from families of limited financial means. It is co-educational and serves students of diverse backgrounds. We help our students grow intellectually, academically, spiritually, socially, and morally.
Our Corporate Work-Study Program ("CWSP") is an integral part of our strategy. Through CWSP, our students work five days a month in a professional setting, such as law firms, hospitals, banks, insurance companies, nonprofits and government entities. Through this work, they cover more than half of the cost of their education, and they obtain a tremendous experience and education being mentored by professionals in our community.
We endeavor to support our students as learners and emerging professionals, ensuring that all our students graduate from high school and college and become the future leaders in diverse public and private sectors, corporations, service organizations, their own faith communities, and the community at large. To learn more about us, visit www.cristoreytampa.org
The CWSP Associate supports the overall efforts of the Corporate Work Study Program and maintains a healthy working relationship with the Associate Director of CWSP, Director of CWSP, Principal of the School, and all school staff and faculty. The Associate publicly supports the Director of CWSP, President and CEO, the Board of Directors, the Church and all school policies.
The Associate supports the overall efforts of the Corporate Work Study Program. He / She focuses on communication and retention strategy with current sponsors and ensures student-workers are performing at an optimal level at their sponsors’ workplace. The Associate Director helps coordinate the transportation and employment activities with the program.
He / She also joins in promoting the overall development of the student as a person, and the mission of the school. The school strives to build a genuinely Christian community in which students are offered love, acceptance, and discipline and challenge while empowering students to reach their full potential. The Associate should fulfill the following requirements:
- Ability to engage, supervise motivate and evaluate high school aged students from low-income and diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the students.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); and Presentation software (PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Fluency / strong conversation skills in Spanish preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to exercise good judgment are essential
- Self- motivated, detailed oriented, and proactive in completing responsibilities and troubleshooting.
- Valid Florida driver’s license preferred.
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps administer the school’s Corporate Work Study Program by, procuring and coordinating job placement, overseeing student job preparation, monitoring student performance while on the job, supervising the work evaluation process.
- Develops and maintains ongoing good relations with CWSP sponsors and the supervisors of student workers.
- Supports the continued development of students in the workplace and beyond. Must do job performance training, student coaching and troubleshooting behavior concerns.
- Helps plan and execute summer training, preparation and team building sessions for new students, along with a refresher orientation of returning students.
- Supervises the development and implementation of the CWSP transportation (to and back from sponsor job sites).
- Assists with student recruitment and admissions process.
- Addresses and enforces all school policies with an emphasis on discipline, professionalism and dress code.
- Assists with event planning for job procurement, student-parent orientation, and sponsor appreciation.
- Meets periodically with the Associate Director of the Corporate Work Study Program of the school and keeps him/her constantly informed of important issues related to responsibilities outlined herein.
- Provides proactive customer service to achieve renewal of business partner contracts
- Coordinates routes for before and after school transportation; develops route maps for drivers, and establishes bus routes and schedules for the Corporate Work Study Program.
- Together, with the Associate Director, works to integrate the students’ school and work experiences for the academic and social development advantage of the students.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Associate Director of Corporate Work Study Program.
Application deadline: Open until filled
Teachers at Cristo Rey Tampa High School must be dedicated to student success and willing to do whatever it takes to reach a wide range of struggling and academically gifted students. Teachers need to be technologically inclined and be able to fully integrate technology into learning.
All teachers must be screened and fingerprinted through the Diocese of St. Petersburg website. Qualified candidates for this position will also successfully complete a Level II background screening and the Safe Environment training offered by the diocese. Information about fingerprinting and SLE training can be found on www.dosp.org, the website for the diocese. Anyone interested in teaching should follow the steps outlined at the bottom of the page. Please be sure to indicate Teacher or Substitute Teacher along with the subject you are interested in teaching on the Position Desired section of the application.
Applications are being sought for both full-time and substitute teaching positions for 2017-18:
- Math - should be able to teach Algebra and Geometry
- Science - Biology and Chemistry
Teachers for the positions above must possess the required qualifications:
- A four-year degree from an accredited college or university
- Florida Department of Education certification in the applicable subject area
- Previous teaching experience at the high school level (preferred)
- Commitment to the characteristics in the teacher profile for Cristo Rey Tampa (see Teacher Profile pdf above)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements data-driven instruction
- Differentiates instruction in the classroom
- Develops and frequently implements a system of progress monitoring with students
- Uses homework effectively
- Uses effective questioning techniques
- Employs effective communication strategies with students and parents
- Uses classroom time effectively
Essential Character Traits
- Aligned with the school’s Catholic, Salesian identity
- Committed to helping low-income students and their families
- Places high value on the Corporate Work Study Program
- Sets high expectations for oneself and for all students
- Committed to continual, meaningful and timely professional development
- Believes that all students have the ability to learn
- Is open to frequent classroom visits by school leaders with the emphasis on continuously improved performance as a teacher
- Understands different learning styles of students
- Understands and uses an effective pedagogical cycle during instruction
Concerned for the welfare of others
- Knows the specific needs of students
- Is aware of social, emotional, physical and spiritual needs of students
- Committed to educating the whole child
- Strives for social justice
- Uses praise consistently with students in the classroom
- Uses a classroom management system that is based on positives and not negatives
- Recognizes ethical and moral behavior
- Understands the time commitment needed to be an effective teacher
- Is willing to work longer hours to promote student success
- Holds oneself accountable to student success
- Willing to admit when help is needed
- Is ethical at all times
- Understands appropriate student-teacher relationships
- Works honestly with others to build trust, accomplish goals, learn from others and support peers
- Understands the teacher’s role in student success
- Recognizes strengths and accomplishments of students and peers
- Willing to try alternate teaching strategies
- Accepts all types of diversity in students and adults
- Strives for high-quality interpersonal relationships between teachers, students, parents and staff
- Is a team player
- Works constantly to develop trust and positive relationships
- Willing to work in a professional learning community culture
Ability to laugh
- Values and uses humor appropriately
- Is willing to use technology on a consistent basis in the classroom
- Embraces blended learning style of teaching
- Uses research-based best practices during classroom instruction
Application deadline: Open until filled
Please click on the button below labeled "CRTHS Application" to download and complete an employment application. Save the application and email it along with your current resume, a cover letter expressing interest, two professional references, and one personal reference to Ana Cardona, Executive Assistant at email@example.com. It is most expedient to send all of the information requested in one email. Cristo Rey Tampa will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin in the hiring process.
Please click on the button below labeled "CRTHS Application" to download and complete an employment application. Save the application and email it along with your current resume, a cover letter expressing interest, two professional references, and one personal reference to Principal Jim Madden and Vice Principal Julie Fouchie at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is most expedient to send all of the information requested in one email. Cristo Rey Tampa will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin in the hiring process.
Receipt of application with other instructions will be sent shortly after receiving your completed application along with other items requested.
Application deadline: positions are open until filled.