Applications are being sought for
an Administrative Assistant for 2017-18
REPORTS TO: Principal
We are seeking a skilled, mission-driven individual who is passionate about the Cristo Rey mission, and motivated by the energy of an innovative model of school and corporate partnership to serve as the Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant supports the overall efforts of the Principal and maintains a healthy working relationship all school staff and faculty. The Administrative Assistant publicly supports the Principal, President and CEO, the Board of Directors, the staff, the Church and all school policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform administrative and office support activities for the Principal in an environment that requires maturity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Maintains the student information system making sure that student information is current and accurate
- Manages the front office regarding:
- Recording and processing student tardies, absences, and leaving school before dismissal
- Contacting families when a student is ill
- Answering incoming calls and transferring to applicable staff members when needed
- Screening visitors using available software
- Receiving, entering and filing incoming student records
- Compiling and sending outgoing student records
- Producing printed transcripts when needed
- Collecting, entering into the student information system and filing clinic cards
- Assists with the facilitating, implementing, and managing the completion of the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (Step Up for Students) application for new students and returning students
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Available to work flexible hours, including Saturdays when needed
- Bilingual: fluent in English and Spanish, and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to communicate with prospective and current families in a polite, systematic, and efficient manner, including appropriate and timely follow-up
- Able to become proficient in the use of the office technology used to manage application, recordkeeping, and correspondence.
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the students.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Cristo Rey Tampa High School.