Applications are being sought for an Associate Director of Admissions & Enrollment Management 2017-18
Cristo Rey Tampa High School is part of the national Cristo Rey Network. Cristo Rey Tampa is a Catholic, Salesian, and college preparatory high school for students of all faiths from families of limited financial means.
It is co-educational and serves students of diverse backgrounds. We help our students grow intellectually, academically, spiritually, socially, and morally.
The Associate Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management is responsible for the recruitment, application, admission, and retention process of qualified students who desire to attend Cristo Rey Tampa. The Associate Director of Admissions and Enrollment management is responsible to the Director in all of his/her decisions and actions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Education admissions experience (either teaching or admissions, administrative) is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and be a self-motivated and innovative professional.
- Ability to work independently, effectively, and efficiently.
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds of the student body.
- Commitment to the mission of the school and the Cristo Rey Network.
- Willingness to work extended days.
- Compliance with background checks and completion of the Diocesan safe environment training program.
- Technological competency: Microsoft Office Proficiency- all applications and PowerSchool.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Foster and grow relationships with families and communities.
- Consistently look to develop and foster new relationships with middle schools and other community organizations.
- Initiate recruitment efforts of parochial, charter and public school students by scheduling visits and presenting to potential students.
- Represent the school at functions that build awareness of CRT and actively cultivate relationships in the community.
- Maintain relationships with administration and support staff from feeder schools.
- Analyze student enrollment and demographic data, strategically managing information and growing capacity.
Application and Enrollment
- Coordinate, organize, implement, and manage the application process.
- Organize, implement and oversee the Student for a Day/Shadow program and Freshman Family Conferences and New Student Orientation.
- Train faculty and staff on interviewing and conducting freshman interview conferences.
- Oversee the Student Ambassador program.
- Maintain constant communication with constituent partners at feeder schools to ensure the caliber of students applying to CRT.
- Work with feeder schools to facilitate the completion of the application process of students.
- Communicate admission and financial aid decisions to students and families.
- Maintain contact with feeder schools and families between acceptances and Family Conferences and work in concert with the Corporate Work Study Director with the CWSP training program.
- Assess student applicants ensuring their ability to challenge the academic program and maintain employment.
- Communicate concerns raised by recent and prospective families and students about the school.
- Communicate pertinent data on students' situations gathered through the admission process and/or informal conversations and thereby fill in gaps of knowledge that may not have been initially reported.
- Participate in freshmen level meetings to ease the transition of incoming students. Work with the school administration and CWSP staff to identify potential at-risk students.
- Assist the Financial Aid Committee in assessing Financial Aid decisions.
- Assist the Business Office in managing Financial Aid applications and tuition forms for incoming students.
- Organize and lead the Admission Decision Committee.
- Supervise and evaluate the admission staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Please email your resume and cover letter expressing interest, two current professional references and one personal reference to Ana Valero at email@example.com. Cristo Rey Tampa will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin in the hiring of this position.
Application deadline: Open Until Filled