Applications are being sought for
a Bus Driver for 2017-18
We are seeking a skilled, mission-driven individual who is passionate about the Cristo Rey mission, and motivated by the energy of an innovative model of school and corporate partnership to serve as the School Bus Driver
Cristo Rey Tampa High School is part of the national Cristo Rey Network. Cristo Rey Tampa is a Catholic, Salesian, and college preparatory high school for students of all faiths from families of limited financial means. It is co-educational and serves students of diverse backgrounds. We help our students grow intellectually, academically, spiritually, socially, and morally.
Our Corporate Work-Study Program ("CWSP") is an integral part of our strategy. Through CWSP, our students work five days a month in a professional setting, such as law firms, hospitals, banks, insurance companies, nonprofits and government entities. Through this work they cover more than half of the cost of their education, and they obtain a tremendous experience and education being mentored by professionals in our community.
We endeavor to support our students as learners and emerging professionals, ensuring that all our students graduate from high school and college and become the future leaders in diverse public and private sectors, corporations, service organizations, their own faith communities, and the community at large.
Cristo Rey Tampa High School and Corporate Work Study Program is looking for a responsible driver to work full-time approximately 40 hours a week during the school service days (Monday-Friday; August-June). The Bus Driver should fulfill the following requirements:
- Have a valid U.S. Driver's License
- Have a Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Complete and maintain updated criminal and children's protective clearance before hire
- Must be able to provide DMV record
- Must be authorized to work legally in the U.S.
- Must be at least 25 years old
- Must be available for morning and/or afternoon shifts, Monday – Friday
- Experienced driving in the Tampa Bay area
- Experience working with High School students, and a diverse student population.
- Experience with a GPS
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transports students in compliance with all safety regulations and rules of the road as established by the state of Florida.
- Picks students up from designated bus stops and brings them to school. (6:00am - 7:30am)
- Takes students to and from work (8:00am-10:30am) (2:30pm – 4:30pm)
- Drops students off at designated bus stops (5:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Adhere to strict time schedules and routes for boarding, dropping off and picking up students from both neighborhoods, and corporate Partners as directed by the Associate Coordinator.
- Submits to and passes appropriate background checks and drug / alcohol testing as deemed appropriate
- Adheres to and enforces all rules established for students and staff by CRT.
- Maintains a current bus driver’s license.
- Reports any/all bus malfunctions or needed repairs and secures the bus with locked doors and windows daily.
- Reports delays, accidents or problematic transportation situations using telephone or two-way radios.
- Notifies the Associate Coordinator at least 24 hours in advance if unable to drive the bus on any given day due to illness or emergency; at least 72 hours for medical appointments.
- Understands the mission of Cristo Rey High School and strives serve as a role model for our students.
Application Procedures Please email your application (found on the website at www.cristoreytampa.org under the About Us/Employment tab, a current resume, a cover letter expressing interest, two current professional references and one personal reference to Ana Cardona, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org . It is most expedient to send all the information requested in one email. Cristo Rey Tampa will not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin in the hiring of this position. Receipt of your application with other instructions will be sent shortly after receiving your completed application along with the other items requested.
Application deadline: Open until filled