Applications are being sought for
a CWSP Coordinator for 2018-19
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Corporate Work Study Program
We are seeking a skilled, mission-driven individual who is passionate about the Cristo Rey mission, and motivated by the energy of an innovative model of school and corporate partnership to serve as the Coordinator, Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP).
Cristo Rey Tampa High School is part of the national Cristo Rey Network. Cristo Rey Tampa is a Catholic, Salesian, and college preparatory high school for students of all faiths from families of limited financial means. It is co-educational and serves students of diverse backgrounds. We help our students grow intellectually, academically, spiritually, socially, and morally.
Our Corporate Work-Study Program ("CWSP") is an integral part of our strategy. Through CWSP, our students work five days a month in a professional setting, such as law firms, hospitals, banks, insurance companies, nonprofits and government entities. Through this work they cover more than half of the cost of their education, and they obtain a tremendous experience and education being mentored by professionals in our community.
We endeavor to support our students as learners and emerging professionals, ensuring that all our students graduate from high school and college and become the future leaders in diverse public and private sectors, corporations, service organizations, their own faith communities, and the community at large. To learn more about us, visit www.cristoreytampa.org
The CWSP Coordinator supports the overall efforts of the Corporate Work Study Program, and maintains a healthy working relationship with the Associate Director of CWSP, Director of CWSP, Principal of the School, and all school staff and faculty. The Coordinator publicly supports the Director of CWSP, President and CEO, the Board of Directors, the Church and all school policies.
The Coordinator supports the overall efforts of the Corporate Work Study Program. He / She focuses on communication and retention strategy with current sponsors and ensures student-workers are performing at an optimal level at their sponsors’ workplace. The Coordinator helps coordinate the transportation and employment activities with the program.
He / She also joins in promoting the overall development of the student as a person, and the mission of the school. The school strives to build a genuinely Christian community in which students are offered love, acceptance, and discipline and challenge while empowering students to reach their full potential. The Coordinator should fulfill the following requirements:
- Ability to engage, supervise motivate and evaluate high school aged students from low-income and diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the students.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); and Presentation software (PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Fluency / strong conversation skills in Spanish preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to exercise good judgment are essential
- Self- motivated, detailed oriented, and proactive in completing responsibilities and troubleshooting.
- Valid Florida driver’s license preferred.
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps administer the school’s Corporate Work Study Program by, procuring and coordinating job placement, overseeing student job preparation, monitoring student performance while on the job, supervising the work evaluation process.
- Develops and maintains ongoing good relations with CWSP sponsors and the supervisors of student workers.
- Supports the continued development of students in the workplace and beyond. Must do job performance training, student coaching and troubleshooting behavior concerns.
- Helps plan and execute summer training, preparation and team building sessions for new students, along with a refresher orientation of returning students.
- Supervises development and implementation of the CWSP transportation (to and back from sponsor job sites).
- Assists with student recruitment and admissions process.
- Addresses and enforces all school policies with an emphasis on discipline, professionalism and dress code.
- Assists with event planning for job procurement, student-parent orientation, and sponsor appreciation.
- Meets periodically with the Associate Director of the Corporate Work Study Program of the school and keeps him/her constantly informed of important issues related to responsibilities outlined herein.
- Provides proactive customer service to achieve renewal of business partner contracts
- Coordinates routes for before and after school transportation; develops route maps for drivers, and establishes bus routes and schedules for the Corporate Work Study Program.
- Together, with the Associate Director, works to integrate the students’ school and work experiences for the academic and social development advantage of the students.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Associate Director of Corporate Work Study Program.
Please email your application (found on the website at www.cristoreytampa.org under the About Us/Employment tab, a current resume, a cover letter expressing interest, two current professional references and one personal reference to Ana Cardona, Executive Assistant at email@example.com . It is most expedient to send all the information requested in one email. Cristo Rey Tampa will not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin in the hiring of this position. Receipt of your application with other instructions will be sent shortly after receiving your completed application along with the other items requested.
Application deadline: Open until filled