Applications are being sought for a Transportation Manager
JOB TITLE: Transportation Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations, Corporate Work Study Program
We are seeking a skilled, mission-driven individual who is passionate about the Cristo Rey mission, and motivated by the energy of an innovative model of school and corporate partnership to serve as the Transportation Manager.
Cristo Rey Tampa High School is part of the national Cristo Rey Network. Cristo Rey Tampa is a Catholic, Salesian, college preparatory high school for students of all faiths from families of limited financial means.
It is co-educational and serves students of diverse backgrounds. We help our students grow intellectually, academically, spiritually, socially, and morally.
Our Corporate Work-Study Program ("CWSP") is an integral part of our strategy. Through CWSP, our students work five days a month in a professional setting, such as law firms, hospitals, banks, insurance companies, nonprofits, and government entities. Through this work, they cover more than half of the cost of their education, and they obtain a tremendous experience and education being mentored by professionals in our community.
We endeavor to support our students as learners and emerging professionals, ensuring that all our students graduate from high school and college and become the future leaders in diverse public and private sectors, corporations, service organizations, their faith communities, and the community at large. To learn more about us, visit www.cristoreytampa.org
The Transportation Manager supports the overall efforts of the Corporate Work Study Program and maintains a healthy working relationship with the Associate Director of CWSP, Director of Operations, CWSP, Principal of the School, V.P. Corporate Relations, and all school staff and faculty. The manager publicly supports the President and CEO, the Board of Directors, the Church and all school policies.
The Transportation Coordinator/Manager will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee all functions pertaining to the operation and maintenance for the transportation and logistics, for Cristo Rey Tampa High School and Corporate Work Study Program. This includes personnel, equipment, and facilities. The prime concern is safe, efficient, economical transportation for students; to and from destinations within or outside the school and CWSP boundaries.
- Assist with recruitment of drivers, develop job descriptions and oversee filling of driver personnel vacancies.
- Assist with hiring of drivers and support the hiring process.
- Implement a daily attendance system to maintain the drivers’ hours for payroll.
- Implements and directs traffic safety training program for drivers.
- Directs an ongoing program to ensure drivers are using proper student management skills.
- Conducts driver evaluations and makes sound recommendations.
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the students.
- Ability to engage, supervise, motivate, and evaluate high school aged students from low-income and diverse ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Fluency / strong conversation skills in Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); and Presentation software (PowerPoint).
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Commercial Florida driver’s license (CDL) preferred.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a long-range plan for transportation capital and personnel budgetary needs.
- Achieves cost-effective practices and demonstrates responsible fiscal control over program budget.
- Communicates with the finance department to ensure the payment of bills.
- Establishes a system to maintain transportation records and submits reports when required.
- Recommend procurement of additional or replacement buses and disposal of old units.
- Provides information (to include cost-effective discounts) about the fleet leading to the purchase of new vehicles, declaring vehicles surplus and maintain fleet identification numbers.
- Implements procedures that maintain safety standards in compliance with state and federal laws, along with insurance regulations, licensing, registration, and operational permits.
- Manage the annual insurance process and ensure all drivers are included on the insurance policy for each vehicle.
- Meets weekly with the Director of Operations, Corporate Work Study Program, and keeps him/her informed daily, of important issues related to responsibilities outlined herein.
- Coordinates investigation of vehicle accidents and monitors post- accident remediation.
- Implement general maintenance program with specific attention to any required safety inspections.
- Establish vehicle performance standards and supervise operational care and management of daily fuel needs, service, maintenance and repair of all vehicles.
- Coordinates routes for before and after school transportation, to include school field trips; develops route maps for drivers, and establishes daily bus routes, stops, and schedules for the Corporate Work Study Program.
- Drives a school bus when necessary.
Please email your application (found on the website cristoreytampa.org) under the About Us/Employment tab, a current resume and a cover letter expressing interest, two professional references and one personal reference to Ms. Venice Fisher, Director of Operations, Corporate Work Study Program at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is most expedient to send all information requested in one email. Cristo Rey Tampa will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin in the hiring process. Receipt of application with other instructions will be sent shortly after receiving your completed application along with other items requested.
Application deadline: positions open until filled.