Cristo Rey Tampa High School (CRT) offers a quality Catholic, college preparatory education to students from families with limited financial resources. Students of all faiths and denominations are invited to apply. Cristo Rey Tampa considers a variety of factors during the application process.
Our application process allows us to get to know students and their families on a personal level through our interview process and determine whether Cristo Rey Tampa HS and Corporate Work Study Program is the best fit.
How to Apply
- Entering into 9th Grade and are 14 years old by September 1st
- Entering into the 10th Grade and are 15 years old by September 1st (space is very limited for Sophomores)
- Entering into the 11th Grade and are 16 years old by September 1st (space is very limited for Juniors)
Note: Space is very limited for both Sophomores and Juniors. Apply early to secure a seat!
- Maintain a "C" or better grade average, and are capable of college preparatory work.
- Students qualify for the Step Up For Students Income-Based Scholarship Program based upon income verification requirements
- Students must be able to obtain a Social Security number and present legal verification of their U.S. citizenship or legal residency
- Willingness to participate fully in the Corporate Work Study Program as a means of contributing to the funding of their own education
- Original Birth Certificate
- Federal 1040, W-2, or non-taxable income verification
- Step Up For Students Award Letter (renewal or application verification)
Family Financial Contributions (school year 2018-19):
- There is a $75.00 Enrollment Fee due at the time of registration for all students
- Annual family contributions are paid based upon the election of the family: one time payment, payment twice a year, or monthly payment
- Contributions are on a sliding scale based upon the amount of the Step of Students Scholarship Award. Families who qualify for 100% award pay as little as $65 per month for ten months, or $650 yearly
- Families whose Step Up for Students Scholarship Award is based on the 88%, 74%, 66%, 50%, etc. would contribute at the rate required by CRT at that step. Families who qualify for the scholarship but do not receive a funded scholarship may be required to contribute beyond the $650 yearly amount.
(submit application online click here or download application see packet below)
Now accepting applications for grades 9 , 10, or 11 for the 2018-19 school year.
(download recommendation forms see packet below)
Recommendations from a Math and English teacher.
(download consent form)
Grant Cristo Rey Tampa permission to request your student records.
Apply to Step Up For Students
All Cristo Rey Tampa students must qualify for the Step Up For Students Income-Based Scholarships (www.stepupforstudents.org).
Please submit all application materials to Cristo Rey Tampa. Your options are:
- Complete your application online
- Download application and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download application and fax to 813-620-1500
- Download application and mail to:
Cristo Rey Tampa High School
6400 E. Chelsea Street
Tampa, FL 33610