Cristo Rey Tampa High School (CRT) offers a quality Catholic, college preparatory education, and corporate work study experience to students from families with limited financial resources. Students of all faiths and denominations are invited to apply.
Please see below for Steps to Apply. These steps will guide you through the application process. If you have any questions during the application process, please contact our Office of Admissions at (813) 621-8300.
Steps to Apply:
Submit an application online.
(The application period opens Monday, September 2, 2019)
Request recommendations from a Math and English teacher.
Grant Cristo Rey Tampa permission to request your student records.
Apply to Step Up For Students
Cristo Rey is designed for students who desire a faith-based, college preparatory education but who may not otherwise afford one. Financial need is the first criterion for admission, and is decided on a case-by-case basis as determined by Step Up For Students Income-Based Scholarship. Visit www.stepupforstudents.org for more information.
All application materials should be submitted to Cristo Rey Tampa High School. In order for an applicant to be considered for admission, all forms requested must be received.
To learn more about Cristo Rey Tampa High School admissions process or for assistance, please contact (813)621-8300.
Student Requirements: Cristo Rey Tampa High School only admits incoming ninth and tenth grade students who have a minimum 2.75 GPA and satisfactory academic and behavioral reports from their current school.
Prospective students must:
- be 14-years old on or before September 1 when entering grade nine;
- qualify for the Step Up For Students Income-Based Scholarship Program based upon income verification requirements;
- be able to obtain a Social Security number and present legal verification of their U.S. citizenship or legal residency;
- be willing to participate fully in the Corporate Work Study Program as a means of contributing to the funding of their own education; and
- attend and successfully complete both weeks of Summer Business Training.